Monday, April 7, 2008

Sleep deprivation at midnight... and 2am... and 7am...



After much begging, pleading and demanding from BN2, I spent the entire night with him on Friday. It's the first time I've ever done it, and it was an oddly mixed experience.

I'm a big fan of body contact and gentle caresses, but not, as it turns out, when I'm trying to sleep. He wanted to spoon me and while I appreciate that in theory, in practice it made me feel claustrophobic. He also tended to migrate to the middle of his queen-sized bed, so if I wanted my own space I had to balance perilously on the edge of the mattress. In addition neither of us is used to sleeping with someone else in the bed, so any little movement from either of us would wake the other one up.

Ironically as a result we just had a hell of a lot of sex. Let's face it, if you've got insomnia, getting dirty with the hot naked man in your bed beats counting sheep or drinking a glass of warm milk any day.

No comments: