Wednesday, January 12, 2011

State of play



It's still a sexless menage a trois, but over the last few weeks KCG and the Human Dynamo have evolved from faux dates into real friends. As we were having dinner together a few nights ago, I commented to KCG that it's amazing how quickly he, I and the Human Dynamo have become close. A few months ago we didn't know of each others' existence. Now we've formed a trio of apparently happy friendship.

This is not to say that there isn't sexual tension, or at least an element of one-sided desire. Foolish though it may be I'm still interested in KCG. KCG is interested (or at least more interested than he claims to be) in the Human Dynamo. The Human Dynamo is interested in another guy entirely. I haven't met this other guy, but from what I've heard he's a) a boyishly good-looking athlete and b) an unhinged prima donna. The fact that he's an unhinged prima donna is neither here nor there, of course: he has a beautiful body, and in the gay world that's enough to compensate for every gaping flaw in character, mind and personality. The Human Dynamo is very frustrated with him but can't get past the physical attraction.

Ironically I have something of the opposite problem. On Thursday I have a date with a man to whom I've been chatting online. He's out of my normal age range (12 years older than me), but he has a nice face, a good sense of humour and an engaging personality. I'd hold hopes for the situation except for the issue of his body. It's not that it's bad; it's actually too good. The man has better abs than most 30 year olds, and as we all know, in the gay world awesome abs are the ultimate trump card. You can fall down in every other area, but if you have great stomach muscles you will still be feted and adored.

This likely means that he'll have certain high standards, which an ordinary man like me isn't going to fulfill. Oh well. We'll see what happens.

No comments: