Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Take the moral high ground, or dive into the sexy, sexy gutter?



Date-wise, it's going to be a busy week. I'm seeing three guys this week: one last night, one on Thursday, and one on Saturday. It's not a bad start for a year in which I've resolved to be more proactive and open in my dating.

I didn't have much expectation for last night's candidate. He's eleven years my junior, Chinese Malaysian, and rather ill-disposed to anglosphere books and culture and other things I love. I agreed to have a coffee with him largely because I couldn't see any good reason not to.

As it turned out, however, in the flesh he was friendly and intelligent, and a lot more tanned and buff than he appeared in his gaydar photos, and I won't pretend that I didn't enjoy letting my gaze linger on his body. For his part, he had a habit of half-consciously smoothing down the front of his snug black T-shirt, and rubbing the sleeves so that they rose up over his biceps. He also had moments of more direct flirting, gazing into my eyes and asking suggestive questions, in a way that betrayed that he was more than just a little bit into me.

It was hard for me to get my head around this, but apparently he likes older, chunkier, scruffier, causcasian men - the antithesis of the young, skinny, over-waxed Asian femmes that one often sees at gay venues. As I'm old, chunky, scruffy and caucasian, it seems I fit the bill quite nicely.

After we'd talked for an hour or two we left the cafe and I walked him back to his car. When we got there, he left no question as to whether or not he wanted a goodnight kiss. We did, and he asked me to let him give me a lift back to my vehicle. On the way we kissed three more times, gently, tenderly, and with an electric charge that seemed to make the cabin of the car sizzle. He asked me if I was really sure that I had to go home, and I replied that I wasn't 100% sure. But it was quite late, and instead we agreed to go out to dinner on Friday night.

After I had sex with FHBG back in October, I stated that I was adamant that I wanted my sex life to be part of a loving relationship, not a procession of semi-anonymous shags. That's still my position, but sexual attraction is a conniving thing. Part of me wants to keep to the moral high ground... but another part wonders how often I'm going to get another opportunity to get laid by a hot-bodied 30 year old.


We'll see how things progress.

No comments: