Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Win versus Fail



Here's a little comparison that sums up my current dating life:

Over the weekend, KCG went out and had a beer with a man to whom he'd been talking on gaydar. Despite being from a hardscrabble industrial suburb, this man had a conversational knowledge of Jung's collective consciousness and Nietzche's will to power. He was also, apparently, even hotter in the flesh than he is in his profile pictures... which are pretty damn hot. And he's all of 23 years old.


By contrast, last night I got into my first conversation in weeks with a gaydar man. Bearing in mind that my profile mentions that I have a deep aversion to guys who wear oversized, femme sunglasses, here's a rough idea of how the conversation went:


Him: Hey, read your profile, liked it, check me out and see what you think.


Me: I don't know... the sunglasses might be a bit of an issue... (smiley icon)


Him: Er... you're joking, right? They're perfectly normal sunglasses.


He seemed to be dead serious. At this point it should be noted that in EVERY ONE of his profile pictures he's wearing huge, rimless, smoky brown sunglasses with thick gold arms, making me think that somewhere a trophy wife is searching under the seats of her Mercedes SLK200 and muttering "Where the hell did my sunglasses go?"


Me: Um... yes... just my little attempt at humour... ha ha ha...


And then I quickly logged out before I said anything even stupider.


So while KCG is flirting with a 23 year old philosopher-hunk, I'm getting interest from a 51 year old man with
Tania Zaetta's sunglasses.

1 comment:

The Inqueerer said...

Perhaps, he's just a cross-eyed man with taste for sunglasses...