Monday, January 9, 2012

I hate being right.



Well, I guess I'm right and my friends are wrong: there are leagues, and my date last Monday was out of mine. I texted the South American yesterday to confirm plans for tonight, and around four hours later he texted to apologise that he just couldn't do "this date thing", but thanking me for a nice time last week. It seems he's still in NSA mode and he didn't see anything in me to make him want to change that.

I was half expecting this so I wasn't devastated. In fact I genuinely appreciated his honesty - most guys just mutter something about being really busy, keeping you in a holding pattern of uncertainty until you eventually come to your own conclusion that they aren't interested. But the South American respected me enough to give it to me straight, and I'm grateful for that.

The good news is that I went back on Manhunt and Gaydar and within a few hours had lined up a different date for tonight. A different, more league-appropriate date, as far as I can tell from the pictures. I also chatted with a hot but flaky 34 year old and a lonely 23 year old. So even if I'm not having much success, at least there's interest around.

No comments: