Monday, January 30, 2012

Me love your kitchen long time



On Saturday afternoon I had a brief date with a guy who contacted me on Manhunt. He's a recently graduated student and part time chef, only 25 years old, and another Chinese Malaysian - it seems I'm a magnet for them.

It was interesting that I was only the second guy he'd ever met from online dating, and the first he'd seen on a proper, meeting-each-in-a-bar kind of date. He was very nervous at first, but he quickly relaxed and we chatted over drinks for an hour or so before I had to go to another appointment.

It's also interesting that all of the Chinese Malaysian guys I've met have been into older caucasian men. The Virtuoso admitted that it's a subconscious cultural thing - bagging an older white man to be your sugar daddy is a potent status symbol. Even if you earn more than he does and expect nothing monetary from him, it still has an image of prestige.

But while it was subconscious with The Virtuoso, with the 25 year old it was explicit. He admitted that he'd be absolutely fine with being a mail order bride. Give me a big gourmet kitchen, he said, and I'm yours. I laughed... but he stressed that he was serious.

I'm not interested in him - he's a total bottom, he uses more drugs than I'm comfortable with, and he's not terribly attractive - but I'm planning to invite him along to some gay social things I'm involved in because he doesn't have many gay outlets. And hey, these things are usually full of older white men who lick their lips at the thought of an eager 25 year old. I'll be doing both parties a favour.

No comments: