Tuesday, February 12, 2008

In which I'm honoured to be someone's worst case scenario



I started a low-key correspondence with a guy on GMM who sounded sort of interesting. We chatted back and forth a couple of times, then he fell silent for a few days... right after I'd sent him some photos of me.

My photos seem to have that effect. I don't know why - I'd go out with the guy in them. I guess there's no accounting for taste.

Then today I got an email from him, stating that while I was a handsom (sic) man, he'd "just met someone that has caught (his) full attention" and so he was going to be concentrating on that nascent relationship for the moment.

I've checked the Big Book of Gay Interpersonal Relationships, and I haven't found the rule that disallows you from corresponding with anyone except your prospective boyfriend. I guess maybe my version is out of date. Still, it's nice that he's met someone.

The real kicker was the final line, however:

"so please forgive me - who knows if your still interested and things dont work out as hoped - can we take a rain check?"

Rough translation: "if things turn out the opposite of the way I want them to, I may yet go out with you."

Wow, thanks dude, that's so big of you.

I'm feeling something right now, but it sure as hell isn't gratitude.

2 comments:

Victor said...

good grief...talk about having a bob each way....

GTR said...

Well he can count this bob out as of now. Let's hope the Full Attention Catcher is worth it.