Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Yet another man to sigh over



One of the byproducts of tracking my little crushes and infatuations through this blog is that I've come to realise just how quickly they change.

For the last few days I've been fantasising about a friend of mine. Last week he was just a reasonably attractive guy I know. This week he's at the centre of most of my intimate thoughts. Next week he'll probably be back to just being a guy I know.

He's okay to look at (pleasant face, decent body), but the most captivating thing about him is not on the outside. Put simply, he is one of the most selfless, compassionate and just plain nice people I know. Since I tend to be selfish, callous and intolerant of idiots, I think he's a good balance for me. Plus it's always good to have someone around upon whom one can model better behaviour...

You want me to take you to the airport? Well, you can just take your passport and ram it right up your... no, wait a minute. Mr Nice would take you to the airport. He'd put himself in your shoes, appreciate your need and selflessly avail himself to help. I want to be more like Mr Nice. Emulating Mr Nice is a good thing, and let's face it, it's the only way I'll ever learn how NOT to be a selfish bastard.

On the downside, Mr Nice does have a rather serious mental illness. It's not an issue when he takes his meds, but if he goes off them, trust me, all hell breaks loose. I suspect that this, and not homosexuality, explains why he's in this 30s and unattached. Women are pragmatic creatures; they'd look at him and think, "Nice guy (with a great ass!), but mad and stuck in a crappy job, so he's never going to be able to buy me a BMW convertible. Pass."

Whereas I just see the nice guy (with a great ass!).

No comments: