Thursday, December 1, 2011

A whole wide world of marginal interest.



So, an update on The Three Guys mentioned in my last post:

Guy One - we IM'd last night, and he sent me some larger pictures of himself. He's tall and slim and defined, and he looks a lot better when he smiles. The flirtatious banter was getting quite pronounced, especially after he sent me the X-rated pictures. After all this if I actually meet him and find that there's something really I don't like, or he meets me and feels something similar, it's going to be a dreadful disappointment. We'll catch up if he's in the city over the next few weeks, although the sturm und drang of Christmas tends to overwhelm everyone's schedules at this time of year. I've even tossed around the idea of driving out to his city for a couple of days during the holidays, but I don't want to seem too eager or desperate.

Guy Two - I spoke to him on the phone last night, and even over the phone it felt as if there was a crackle of sexual energy between us. At this risk of sounding like a giggly schoolgirl, he has an amazing aura of potency. We've agreed to go out to dinner next Thursday, and, providing we don't hate each other on sight, it's been pretty much agreed that we'll head back to his place afterwards.

He may turn out to be a bit of a find. It would appear that the only reason why he's unclaimed is that he's more closeted than I am - add up the facts that he's rich, accomplished, intelligent, well-presented and rather sexy and under most circumstances you'd expect him to have either a harem of hot younger boyfriends or a life partner just as successful as him. Additionally for most of his life he's classed himself as bisexual, which actually has a couple of benefits: he's very masculine and he's used to treating dates with a certain deference and charm that women expect. With gay guys it's usually a matter of "Hey, you wanna hook up sometime?", whereas with him it was, "Do you want to go out with me for dinner?" Even though sex has been on the table (as it were) since the very begining, there's still a sense of something more romantic going on.

Of course it could be that once we've slept together he'll lose all interest, but he's already offered to take me out to his weekender sometime, so he is at least glancing at the future.

Guy Three - I offered him four different days for going out for a drink. He was busy on all of them. The odd thing is that he keeps encouraging me, rather than just giving brusque responses that would indicate his loss of interest. I wish he'd either make some space for me in his schedule or just abandon the pretense of interest.

And, as a bonus...

Guy Four - He's a bit meh, but we're meeting for a drink next Wednesday. He's older and not terribly attractive, but hey, he could have a killer sense of humour and a keen insightful mind. I guess I'll find out. And unlike some people at least he's willing to actually meet me.

No comments: